Friday, December 25, 2009

Interesting Habits...

Why is it that the keys to our own damnation are sewn into the very fabric of our proclivities? I have been good, I've managed to stay the course and abide the terms of the handed down finality with little recourse or reason to seek absolution beyond what is readily given. Yet now I stand peering blindly into the past, heedless of the cost I know I will inevitably pay. No sin goes unpunished. I teeter, knowing full well what I'm in danger of falling into, what I will become. For all my inner strength, presence of mind, unconquerable will, every ounce of power I wield I am rendered impotent. I am left unable to assert myself, unable to accept logic and reason, so consumed by an aching heart...still the drama unfolds. Unable to escape, unable to fight, a titan muted and made a slave his own hubris. Pride is truly my sin, a sin compounded by limitless passion and unrivaled loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment