Monday, September 21, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

So big things are brewing down here at the Asylum and progress is being made. Eagle eyed observers will see the hints of the coming changes, but I’ll save the big announcement for later. A weekend full of reflection, more catharsis, and time and conversations with good friends, has brought me back to some kind of balance. An ironic place to be given my penchant for extremes, but I digress.

So no more emo bullshit for a while, I promise. I’m scorned but I’m healing. Most of the vitriol that found its way here was me bleeding out and refusing to acknowledge that for the first time in over three years I’m without a woman in my life in some dynamic other than friendship. The woman I spent so long pining away for has moved away, leaving me to deal and cope with what has followed and I did my best to deny any reaction to it. My most recent foray into moving on ended disastrously for, ironically, the same reason I was concerned I wouldn’t be able to have anything good. I made a choice, swallowed my pride, and admitted that I was embarking on something great, but sadly I was in it alone. Fear and trepidation gave way to indecisiveness and now that need to belong has amalgamated itself into desperation and a blinding belief in something putrid and sullied.

Once again, I digress. I swear I’m not as jaded as I sound. This is more an update of where things are at right now instead of a deep reflection or diatribe about something specific. Like I said, new things in the works here at the Asylum and we’ll have more on it as things develop. I’m getting back to me, and my creative energies are flooding back to me in ways that I haven’t experienced in years. Good news for those of you hell bent on reading my next work, overwhelming for me. So stay tuned for another post a little later, I’ve got three almost publishable pieces are that just waiting on some kind of conclusion and then they’re up, so be prepared for a massive flood of works. You have been warned.

Oh and before I forget, welcome back Immortal Aurora. You were missed. She actually struggled through the back log to get caught up and she actually left comments. So kudos to her for the valiant effort! Also once again I ask that if you read, please comment; if you’re not going to contribute to the conversation, don’t bother coming here. I know it sounds harsh but if I wanted a one-sided dynamic I’d stick to my journals. You come here for my thoughts, I come here for yours.

1 comment:

  1. Woot Woot, YaY Me!!!!
    I totally rock my socks!! LoL

    Anyway, glad to have some new post up and to read that it wasnt so emo...I'll be honest, it was freaken me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete